Day 1: Discovery and Design
Review the data sources in our Boot Camp Lab and establish presentation layer goals for the week’s BI solution. Design conceptual database diagram for data warehouse.
Day 2: Data Model & ETL
Design the data model and physical database for fact tables and related dimensions. Build an SSIS framework to load the data warehouse. Integrate/enhance warehouse with public data sources.
Day 3: Cubing With SSAS
Learn OLAP cube technology with SSAS on top of the data warehouse and KPI functionality. Design the cube and load it.
Day 4: Presentation Layer
Build a sample SSRS report(s) using the cube and data warehouse. Connect Share Point BI Dashboard with KPI’s to Cube and fact tables. Excel pivot tables for ad hoc analysis. Generate solution documentation set.
Day 5: Advanced topics
Data Mining and predictive analytics. Power Pivot; Best practices review; Planning a BI project.
Key Features and Benefits
- Post Boot Camp assistance: We’ll email you the full solution and the key data sources. Plus the boot camp includes an hour of our VM services for follow-up assistance.
- Tools: To increase our productivity you’ll be using our best of breed BI developer tools to build the ETL and cube.
- Certificate of achievement is award to each participant who completes the BI Boot Camp successfully.
- Lunch is included every day
Every BI Boot Camp also includes:
- Solution documentation set
- BI xPress 3 month term license
- Post Boot camp Virtual Mentoring (1 hour)
Hotel and Nearest Airport Address
Sleep Inn & Suites
1815 East West Parkway
Orange Park, FL 32003
$80 a night
Discount code: LPrag
Jacksonville International Airport
2400 Yankee Clipper Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32218
Customer Service Action Line:
(904) 741-2224 fax
Please Note: You do not need to bring a Laptop