"The University of Calgary Data Warehouse consists of over two dozen data marts, built upon a decade's worth of ETL programming in IBM Cognos Data Manager. When support for that product ended and we investigated converting all ETL to SSIS, concerns were raised about performance and maintainability in the new toolset. Thus the decision was made to purchase Pragmatic Works Task Factory; I can say with confidence that halfway into the conversion effort, it has been one of our smartest and most cost-effective software acquisitions in recent memory."
- Gabriel Gray, University of Calgary
1) It's insanely easy to use. In as little as one minute you'll have the task configured and ready to go without writing a single line of code.
2) Works with SSH, Implicit and Explicit SFTP Servers. Not only does the SFTP Task work with all SFTP servers, it also works with the far less supported Implicit FTPS and Explicit FTPS servers. Which means, yes, it works with your SFTP server.
3) You can do more than just upload and download files. The Secure FTP Task uploads and downloads files like a champ. But it's functionality doesn't stop there. You can execute virtually any type of activity you need to perform with your SFTP server including:
- Uploading a single file from the server
- Downloading a single file from the server
- Uploading a whole directory to the server
- Download a whole directory from the server
- Deleting a file on the server
- Delete a directory on the server
- Delete files in a directory using a wildcard match
- Creating a directory on the server
- Checking if a file exists on the server
- Getting a list of files and assigning the list to a variable
4) You get world class customer support. If you've ever used an open source solution and ran into a problem, who's responsible for fixing the problem? Yep, you. With Task Factory, if you run into any issues with our components, we have world-class support ready to help you get up and running as quickly as possible.