BI Quick Start Bootcamp Dallas, TX Edition
7000 SR-161 (George Bush Turnpike),
Irving, TX 75039
- Learn all about Data Sources
- Building Reports and Cubes
- Data Model & ETL Tools
- Presentation Layer and lots more
Training Course Sections
Training Course Overview
The Pragmatic Works BI Boot Camp provides a hands on lab environment. In five days you’ll build a fully functional prototype data warehouse using SQL Server 2008R2 and the complete Microsoft BI Platform: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, and SharePoint BI.
- Learn the Microsoft BI platform from top to bottom.
- SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power Pivot
- Performance Point
- 100% hands on, you will be designing. You will be building with Pragmatic Works mentors.
- Learn Best Practices : tips and tricks.
- Become proficient with the BI developer tools that will accelerate your projects and improve your solutions
- Return home ready to undertake the toughest BI projects for your organization.
- Receive an email containing the BI solution you have built, including all components and a complete documentation set of the solution.
Terms & Conditions
Cancellation or rescheduling with less than 1 week email notice is subject to a cancellation/reschedule fee of 100% of the total price. Please contact Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call at 904-638-5743 if you need to cancel or reschedule a class.
Training Course Outline
Day 1: Discovery and Design
Review the data sources in our Boot Camp Lab and establish presentation layer goals for the week’s BI solution. Design conceptual database diagram for data warehouse.
Day 2: Data Model & ETL
Design the data model and physical database for fact tables and related dimensions. Build an SSIS framework to load the data warehouse. Integrate/enhance warehouse with public data sources.
Day 3: Cubing With SSAS
Learn OLAP cube technology with SSAS on top of the data warehouse and KPI functionality. Design the cube and load it.
Day 4: Presentation Layer
Build a sample SSRS report(s) using the cube and data warehouse. Connect Share Point BI Dashboard with KPI’s to Cube and fact tables. Excel pivot tables for ad hoc analysis. Generate solution documentation set.
Day 5: Advanced topics
Data Mining and predictive analytics. Power Pivot; Best practices review; Planning a BI project.
Key Features and Benefits
- Post Boot Camp assistance: We’ll email you the full solution and the key data sources. Plus the boot camp includes an hour of our VM services for follow-up assistance.
- Tools: To increase our productivity you’ll be using our best of breed BI developer tools to build the ETL and cube.
- Lunch is included every day
Every BI Boot Camp also includes:
- Solution documentation set
- BI xPress 3 month term license
- Post Boot camp Virtual Mentoring (1 hour)
Please Note: You do not need to bring a Laptop