The Pragmatic Works Data Modeling course is designed to teach the foundation of creating effective data models. This course covers two separate modeling techniques: transactional systems and dimensional modeling. A well-designed data model is the foundation for supporting the day-to-day operational activities of an organization and provides analytical value through business intelligence.
Basic knowledge of working with data and database structures.
- Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- 1 GHz or faster CPU
- 1 GB of available RAM (recommended 2 GB)
- 20 GB of free hard drive space
- **Optional** SQL Server Developer, Standard or Enterprise Edition 2008/2008R2/2012/2014/2016 (Many features discussed are Enterprise/Developer edition only)
- **Optional** Microsoft Excel