- This event has passed.
July 18, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT$95
DAX is a both a programming and query language that gives you the ability to extend what is possible in either your Power BI or Tabular data models. This one-day workshop teaches both basics and advanced DAX concepts. After starting with the basic DAX fundamentals you will then learn more complex topics like evaluation context and iterator functions. The goal of this course is to give the student the tools necessary to think like DAX and understand the why behind how calculations work.
A basic understanding of Excel functions is helpful but not necessary for this course. The target audience of this course is for Power Users designing Power BI models.
- Have the ability to significantly enhance the analytical value of data models with DAX calculations.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Advanced DAX concepts and learn to think like DAX.
- Understand when and how to use more Advanced DAX functions.
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Window 10
- 1 GHz or faster CPU
- 1 GB of available RAM (recommended 2 GB)
- 20 GB of free hard drive space
- Power BI Desktop – http://tinyurl.com/PowerBIDesktop
- What is DAX?
- Creating Calculated Columns
- Creating Calculated Measures
- Using X-Functions and A-Functions
- Working with Variables
- Understanding Filter Context
- CALCULATE and Time Intelligence
- Row Context
- Advanced DAX Functions