- This event has passed.
Virtual Advanced Power BI Boot Camp
June 10 @ 9:00 am - June 13 @ 5:00 pm EDT$1995
Boot Camp Details
This boot camp will also explore the lesser known advanced features within the tool that can take your Power BI knowledge to the next level. We begin by exploring how the languages of R and M can be used to extend the standard data extraction and data cleansing capabilities of Power BI. Next, you will gain a better understanding of complex data modeling scenarios and how to overcome them in Power BI through relationships and advanced DAX. You will also learn several advanced data visualization techniques that can take your reports and dashboards beyond the basics. Lastly, you will learn best practices around sharing and Power BI Administration.
This class is targeted for Power Users or End Users looking to design their own self-service Business Intelligence solutions. Because this class is focused on self-service end user solutions, previous SQL Server knowledge is not required. While it’s not mandatory, ideally students should have a basic understanding of database terminology such as tables, views, column, rows, etc.
- Windows 10 , Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop requires Internet Explorer 10 or greater.
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop is available for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) platforms.
- Power BI Desktop (http://tinyurl.com/powerbidesktop )
- Microsoft R Open https://mran.blob.core.windows.net/install/mro/3.4.3/microsoft-r-open-3.4.3.exe
- Module 1 – R Integration
- Module 2 – Advanced Data Discovery
- Module 3 – Advanced Data Modeling
- Module 4 – Advanced DAX Solutions
- Module 5 – xVelocity
- Module 6 – Advanced Visualizations
- Module 7 – Power BI Administration