Virtual Power BI Boot Camp
June 21 @ 9:00 am - June 24 @ 5:00 pm EDT
Power BI Boot Camp Details
Creating Business Intelligence solutions no longer has to be a long, arduous process reserved exclusively for those in IT. Power BI now gives you the ability to build beautifully designed reports and dashboards on your own, giving you instant satisfaction to your data needs.
This course will take a deep dive into the Power BI ecosystem, you will learn from beginning to end how to develop solutions and solve complex business problems. This begins by importing and applying business rules to your data. Then organize the results into a data model with relationships and calculations. Finally, you will learn the best way to visualize your data on reports through a variety of charts, graphs, maps and gauges. Once complete, learn how to deploy solutions to the Power BI Service and make them dashboards that are visible from any device.
This class is targeted for power users or end users looking to design their own self-service Business Intelligence solutions. Because this class is focused on self-service end user solutions, previous SQL Server knowledge is not required. While it’s not mandatory, ideally students should have a basic understanding of database terminology such as tables, views, columns, rows, etc.
- Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop requires Internet Explorer 10 or greater
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop is available for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) platforms
- Power BI Desktop (https://aka.ms/pbiSingleInstaller)
- Module 1 – Power BI Introduction
- Module 2 – Data Discovery with Power BI Desktop
- Module 3 – Modeling Data
- Module 4 – Creating the Data Model
- Module 5 – Introduction to Visualizing Data
- Module 6 – Using Power BI Services